Zack Ellison, CFA, CAIA, is the Founder and Managing General Partner of Applied Real Intelligence (“A.R.I.”). A.R.I. is a Los Angeles-based venture debt investment manager focused on providing financing solutions to innovative, high-growth, venture-backed companies in recession-resistant sectors and underserved regions.
Mr. Ellison leads A.R.I.’s investment activities, including sourcing, due diligence, structuring, execution, and portfolio management.
Previously, Mr. Ellison was a loan underwriter, bond and CDS trader, and portfolio manager at three firms with over $1 trillion in assets – Scotia Bank, Deutsche Bank, and Sun Life.
Currently, Mr. Ellison is a Board Member of CFA Society Los Angeles, a Board Member of the Southwest Chapter of the CAIA Association, the West Coast Regional Director of the Hedge Fund Association (HFA), and a member of the Milken Institute’s Young Leaders Circle (YLC).
Mr. Ellison holds an MBA from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and an MS in Risk Management from NYU Stern. In his personal time, Mr. Ellison is working towards completion of a Doctorate in Business Administration at the University of Florida (Gainesville).
Friday March 31, 2023
How the Collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will Impact Venture Debt Moving Forward
- Strategies SVB used to dominate the VC ecosystem for venture loans
- Sizing up the competitive landscape of non-bank lenders aiming to fill the void
- How venture debt investments will change in the wake of SVB’s failure
- Discussion of the logical buyers of SVB’s venture loan portfolio
- Analysis of why the current banking crisis will likely drive down private valuations