Dan Devorsetz co-founded Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (NASDAQ: HRZN), a public, externally-managed business development company in March 2008 and is its Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Investment Officer, and also serves as a member of the investment committee. Dan joined the manager and investment adviser of Horizon in 2004 and has more than 25 years of credit and portfolio management experience including more than 20 years in venture lending.
Previously, Dan held positions with General Electric Capital Corporation’s Life Science Finance Group, GATX Ventures, Inc., the venture lending subsidiary of GATX Corporation, and Citigroup. Dan serves on the Board of Finance for the Town of Brookfield, Connecticut, and is the Chair of the town’s Audit Committee. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University and a Master of Business Administration degree from Clark University and is a Chartered Financial Analyst.
Wednesday March 6, 2024
Why is Venture Debt a Terrible Idea?
- The good, bad, and ugly of venture debt
- When is venture debt a poor plan?
- Using venture debt wisely to fund growth
Friday March 31, 2023
A Technical Breakdown of Venture Debt Underwriting Models
- Underwriting models – Sponsor-driven vs. company fundamentals-driven vs. structured deals
- Similarities and differences / Pros and cons
- The benefits of properly structured venture debt to companies, management teams, investors, and lenders
- Use cases of different venture debt models for win/win/win results