I am a Managing Director, Co-Head of Technology Finance and Head of Venture Debt at Monroe Capital, a premier boutique asset management firm with $15.9 billion of committed and managed capital (as of December 31, 2022), where I am responsible for co-leading relationship sourcing and the origination of new investment opportunities within the software, technology and tech-enabled business services industries. I am also responsible for Monroe's venture debt investments. Prior to joining Monroe, I was a Managing Director with Hercules Capital (NYSE: HTGC), in their Technology Group, where I was responsible for venture debt investments in technology companies. Earlier in my career, I started the venture capital investing and private placement group at GunnAllen Financial, a large national independent broker dealer, where I was responsible for the origination and structuring of new investment opportunities in technology companies. I began my career working as a corporate attorney at K&L Gates after earning a JD from the University of Pennsylvania and BS in Business Administration, summa cum laude, from Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. I’m currently on the Board of Directors for the Wharton Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
Friday March 31, 2023
How the Collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will Impact Venture Debt Moving Forward
- Strategies SVB used to dominate the VC ecosystem for venture loans
- Sizing up the competitive landscape of non-bank lenders aiming to fill the void
- How venture debt investments will change in the wake of SVB’s failure
- Discussion of the logical buyers of SVB’s venture loan portfolio
- Analysis of why the current banking crisis will likely drive down private valuations