David Teten is Managing Partner of Versatile VC and Chair of PEVCTech, an online community focused on helping private equity and venture capital funds make better investments through technology. He was previously a Managing Partner with HOF Capital (now >$1.2b AUM) and a Partner with ff Venture Capital (now >$289m AUM). At both firms, he and his Partners grew AUM over 10x during his tenure. He is Founder of Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater New York, now the largest angel group on the East Coast. David has also advised private equity clients such as Birch Hill Equity Partners, Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group, Icahn Enterprises, LLR Partners, Orascom TMT Investments (Sawiris family office), Real Ventures, Right Side Capital, and other institutional investors.
David was previously a Managing Director with Evalueserve, a 2,500-person global research and analytics company, and Founder and CEO of Circle of Experts, an investment research firm acquired by Evalueserve. He also founded Teten Recruiting, which he sold to Accolo, a recruiting process outsourcing firm. He worked in Bear Stearns’ Investment Banking division in their technology/defense mergers and acquisitions team. He formerly ran an outsourced software development and IT consulting group. David holds a Harvard MBA (Second Year Honors) and a Yale BA in Economics and Psychology.
Friday March 31, 2023
Fundraising For Venture Debt Funds
- Explaining the value of your strategy to prospective investors
- Working with pension fund managers
- Promoting private credit venture debt funds as an attractive but separate asset class
- Focusing the fund on a specific market sector to attract savvy investors
- Partnering with VC firms: pros and cons
- Biggest concerns that equity investors and companies have when raising venture debt