Brent is has been M&A Principal for Acquisitions & Debt Originations for Trilogy and ESW Capital since May of 2022. Prior to Trilogy and ESW he was at Cadence Bank as a Senior Vice President and Credit Executive from August 2021 to November 2021. Brent spent time from December 2002 to March 2020 at JPMorgan Chase Bank as a Vice President Senior Banker, Senior Vice President - Technology Banking, Executive Director and Credit Executive - Leveraged and Investment Grade North America Corporates. In April 1995 to December 2002 he worked as a Commercial Banking Officer and Vice President, Senior Relationship Manager for Wells Fargo. He received his M.B.A in Banking and Corporate Finance at the Southern Methodist University. He also received his BBA in accounting at the University of Texas of San Antonio.
Friday March 31, 2023
How the Collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will Impact Venture Debt Moving Forward
- Strategies SVB used to dominate the VC ecosystem for venture loans
- Sizing up the competitive landscape of non-bank lenders aiming to fill the void
- How venture debt investments will change in the wake of SVB’s failure
- Discussion of the logical buyers of SVB’s venture loan portfolio
- Analysis of why the current banking crisis will likely drive down private valuations